WEKA Industrial Services was commissioned by a large dairy from Armenia with the dismantling of a spray dryer for the production of milk powder. In addition to the disassembly, WEKA has also taken care of the packaging and loading of all the part of that plant.
Our task for an Armenian dairy was to dismantle, package and load a complete system for the production of milk powder at the Rimbek plant at the DMK Group. The customer placed particular value on the complete documentation of the dismantling so that an assembly at the destination could be carried out by a domestic company.
Equipment that had to be dismantled
This project involved dismantling an extremely extensive plant. The following components had to be dismantled or presented a special challenge:
- GEA Wiegand 6-stage evaporation plant for the production of milk concentrate
- APV Anhydro spray drying system, including consisting of:
- External fluid bed
- Drying chamber with a diameter of 7.5 m and a height of 12 m
- Two cyclones
- Jetbag filter with a diameter of 4 m
- CIP system
- Control cabinets for the entire system
Machines used for dismantling
We used the following equipment to dismantle the spray drying system:
- Forklift (diesel) with a load capacity of up to 16 t
- Forklift (gas) with a load capacity of up to 2.5 t
- Electric forklift with a load capacity of up to 5 t
- Mobile crane with a load capacity of up to 250 t
- Mobile crane with a load capacity of up to 180 t
- Mobile crane with a load capacity of up to 80 t
- various electric chain hoists
- various hand pallet trucks
- Heavy-duty casters
- Mobile assembly scaffolding
Manpower and duration
On average, 8 of our dismantling specialists were permanently employed in this project. Depending on the complexity of certain parts of the plant, we had to provide additional manpower to ensure that work was carried out quickly and on schedule.
The project had a duration of approx. 8 weeks.
Video of the dismantling Project
In the following, we would like to present, in a short video, the disassembly at the DMK Group in Rimbeck. Have fun watching.
You need assistance with the dismantling of a spray dryer or do you have a similar project in the pipeline as the one described here? Are you relocating a machine or even your entire machine park to another location? Then please contact us. You can either call us or send us an inquiry using our contact form. We will contact you immediately and talk about your project together – guaranteed free of charge and without obligation for you!
Click HERE to get to our contact form.